Sunday, April 8, 2012

It has been awhile

It has been awhile since I have written. The nature of being fallen has chained me. Today I was reminded that I am Free! Jesus died so that I may experience freedom and so you may experience freedom.

I admit I struggle. I really struggle. I struggle to be a nice guy. I struggle to be positive. I struggle to let go. I    struggle to forgive. I could keep writing about the things I struggle with but it might bore you. Actually, this blog helps me and is public so that those who have the same struggles can also find freedom in Jesus.

So, why the public journal. I am a Christian and have been for over 10 years and have heard a lot about how the world views Christianity and Christians. Some think we are hypocrites and if we truly believe and follow Jesus that we would be different. Well, I don't know what different means. What I do know is that I still struggle with the same things that non-Christians and Christians alike struggle with. For example, I still struggle with my boss at work. I don't know one person who doesn't struggle with their boss at one time or another. Sometimes, ok, maybe a lot, I believe I know more than some other people. Or, that my way of doing something is better or the only way. Sometimes I don't know when to shut my mouth. Sometimes I don't know when to not say something and listen. Yes, even I hurt my wife's feelings.

Following Jesus hasn't made me perfect but pointed out how fallen I am and how similar I am to everyone else Christian and Non-Christian. The only difference I see is that I have hope. I have hope that  I will one day meet my perfect Father who created this awesome universe.

So, I am fallen but today I am reminded that I have freedom in Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment