Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday with Celeste

It isn't often I get to spend a lot of time with my daughter Celeste but this weekend was an exception. The weekend ended up with her drawing a bath for Claudia (with bubbles), helping me with a school project and her coaching me through a workout. She is an awesome girl.  She spent her morning working on the new lego set she got Saturday. I never thought she would so into legos. Celeste went to church with us then came home completed her homework and played with her toys. She is growing up so fast!

I learn so much from her. The one thing I learn from her is that I am so inadequate to raise her. Thank God I have Claudia to help guide me through this parenting thing. I would never get it right. Claudia is an awesome Mom. She is the kind of Mom you wished you had when you were growing up. She is kind, gentle and patient. Most importantly she is very forgiving, doesn't get tied down with all the crap of the world and looks forward with a Christ centered focus. I have said many times that I would love to be more like Jesus, that's a tall task that I will never be able to complete. If only I could be more loving, more kind and more patient. If only I could be more like my wife. If I could be more like Jesus.  If only!

So, how to be more like Jesus. Develop Jesus habits.
  • Habit 1: Read His word, know His truth and be a living example of His word.
  • Habit 2: Pray and Pray a lot. Pray in all things. Pray through the good, the bad and the ugly. Pray always.
  • Habit 3: Serve the Church and see the work Jesus is doing. Be transformed by the miracles that happen daily around you.
  • Habit 4: Forgive: Who are we to not to forgive others when God allowed his only Son to be killed for us, so that you and I could be restored to a right standing before God. Jesus forgives.
  • Habit 5: Restore.  Jesus restored people, relationships and hearts. Start restoring a broken relationship.
Just a few habits. I am sure we could add a lot more. These are the big ones. Read them, think about them and pray about them. Try doing one of them for a week. Let me know what happens.

Oh yeah, the workout...

100 squat thrust
30 pushups
30 sit ups
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment