Monday, November 5, 2012

You may not want to see this!

The Before. 185 lbs, Yikes!
Well, after cycling all year and logging in more miles then I ever thought possible, I took a break. I took about 2 months off. I enjoyed not being on the bike and eating food. Boy, did I enjoy eating food. It is time to get the motor running and work out. Training has begun. I am posting a before picture. This is the heaviest I have ever been. I have started one of those weight loss programs and I will keep you posted.

Today's Weight: 185 lbs

Fitness Test

Switch Kicks             41
Power Jacks               40
Power Knees              55
Power Jumps              27
Globe Jumps                7
Suicide Jumps            15
Push-Up Jacks            14
Low Plank Oblique     13

Goal 165 lbs

I am not looking to be ripped, not looking to be a stud muffin but to be healthier. Also, I just want to carry less weight up the mountains I plan to ride this coming summer.

I hope all my friends and family will cheer me on. Hide the wings and beer.


Frankensteiner

I am building a winter training bike from my old Raleigh M-60 mountain bike. I love this bike. It just has the geometry I could ride all day. It was a 26" mountain bike. I am converting it into a 700c road/cross/commuter. The bike will get a new fork, rear brake adapter and drop bars. It will be 1 x 10. That is a single chain ring up front and a 10 speed cassette in the rear. Joe Darwal of Akron Bicycle Club has donated a new crank set for me. Andrew Miller of SnakeBite Racing Team donated some road shifters. Parts are starting to come in. If you know anyone with a wheel set they can donate or for minimal cost have them contact me.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment